What does it do?
By adding much-needed user-management functionality to WordPress, Page Security by Contexture International (PSC) lets YOU decide which users can access which content. Add users to groups, set granular permissions for content, and finally take control of your website!
Create an intranet or a members-only area with just a few clicks, or build a subscription based system with automatically expiring memberships. You can even create multiple levels
of security for powerful, granular protection of any section, or sub-section on your site.
Use groups allow you to organize your users how YOU see fit, then use your groups to choose who can access posts, pages, custom content, or entire sections of your website.
PSC is created to be simple, yet powerful – and is designed to integrate seamlessly and intuitively with WordPress. If you know how to use WordPress, you know how to use PSC.
This will walk you through protecting your very first page. Let’s assume you want to limit access to a particular page to only registered users. Here’s how we’d do that:
- Go the page’s Edit screen – the one where you would normally make changes to the page.
- In the Restrict Access sidebar, click the option “Protect this page and it’s descendants“. More options will appear.
- Use the Available Groups drop-down to select the “Registered Users” group – then click the Add button.
- You’re done! Now, only registered users will be able to see this page. Everyone else will either be shown a default “Access Denied” message.
Tip: You can customize your Access Denied messages from you admin, under Settings > Page Security.
Tips & Tricks:
- Any page or post can be easily made admin only!
To do this: When editing a page, check the “Protect this page it’s descendants” checkbox but don’t add any groups. By default, all protected pages can be seen by Admins or Editors – but if you don’t add any groups, they will be invisible to non-admin users.
- The “Restrict Access” sidebar is AJAX-loaded, so any changes you make to security are saved immediately! There’s no need to click the “Update” button to save changes to a page’s security.
- You can now protect your entire site. When this option is enabled, the entire site is treated as if it were a “protected section”. Users must be a member of at least one group with site access, or they will be given an access denied message.
While we believe this plugin is secure, we make no warranty about it’s effectiveness during real-world use. Only time and testing will tell for sure. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
This plugin is distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2).